Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Chocolate bars and bites


I remember when I first started low carb, I searched the net for low carb candy bars as they are my weakness and I wanted one I could take to the movies that wouldn't melt on me.  I order chocoperfection but for the price I was not impressed at all.  I found a recipe for a "candy bar', on one of my favorite blogs, "sugarfreelowcarbrecipes.com".  So this is a tweaked recipe from hers, only cuz I like mine sweeter and I can't do stevia, it gives me a bad migraine, check out her blog though, she is a genius in the kitchen.

5 ounces of unsweetened chocolate -(I use the bakers cuz trader Joes doesn't sell my chocolate anymore)
a little over an ounce of cacao butter (I bought mine from Raw power on ebay, but you can get it from amazon or even whole foods)
A little over a Tbls of powdered whole milk
A little of a Tbls of  powdered erythritol
20 packets of splenda
1/2 tsp of vanilla
2 tbls of natural peanut butter or whatever flavoring you want
_______________________________________
So with a Wilton Chocolate melter that I got at Walmart, I added the cacao butter first and let it melt and then added the chocolate and let it melt, once melted, I added the whole milk and the sweeteners, once everything is melted good, I add the peanut butter until its smooth and then turn off the melter and added the vanilla.  Then pour into your candy molds.  I had found some heart candy molds at Michael's craft store only cuz I couldn't find a candy bar molds, then I found some small ones on ebay.  So the reason my recipe says "a little" over of some of the stuff is because I made more than the recipe she made.  Mine filled the four little candy bar molds and 8 of the deep heart molds.  These candies can be taken anywhere -  like the movies!

* I started doing these candies and candy bars without the powdered milk to lower the carbs and can't really tell the difference

No comments:

Post a Comment