Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Super easy Sugar free chocolate fudge

What I like about this fudge besides it being so easy to make is that I have finally found something that really satisfies my chocolate craving, although I love my chocolate pie, I like something that is easy to make, easy to grab, and easy to take with me.  Because I am not using the coconut oil is this I can take it out with me and snack on it (like at the movies).

I came across the recipe in Dr. Atkins book for truffles and made a mistake in making them that actually turned out great, I have looked up other fudge recipes but I didn't like having to add the milk powder.

With this, I can add coconut flakes, peanut butter, etc to change it up, it is something I will keep changing around for different flavor

so in the picture below I just added coconut flakes once I put it into the pan before it hardened


6 -7 oz of unsweetened chocolate or 2 85% Lindt bars chopped or broken up
1 Cup of Heavy whipping cream
1 tbls of vanilla
1/2 cup of erythritol or your choice of sweetener
2 tbls of unsalted butter
_______________________________________________________

In a sauce pan add your sweetener and your whipping cream and bring to a slow boil, once it comes to a slow boil add in your chocolate and stir until it melts, take off the fire and add your vanilla and butter.

Pour into a pan ( I use a cake pan to lower the carbs) lined with parchment paper, here is where you add whatever you want to the mixture, I topped mine with coconut flakes, but want to try it with peanut butter as well.  Let harden and then cut into squares.

So the mistake I made when I started out to make the recipe from Dr. Atkins book was I let mine harden overnight, it was supposed to be truffles, in which case if that is what you want then pour your mixture into a bowl and only let sit in the frig for 2 hours and then using a mellon scoop form your truffles.

I have done this recipe with 3 different kinds of chocolate, the first being the baking chocolate discs I get from Trader Joes (the best I have ever found).  Sad to say they are not selling it in my area right now, so the next time I did it I used Baker unsweetened chocolate and I used the 8 oz the original recipe called for and didn't like the result, the chocolate was overwhelming, which coming from me is saying alot, the next time I decided to lower the sugar sub and use Lindt 85% and was overjoyed.

If you use other than the Lindt you might have to up the sugar sub amount to get the sweetness you want.
This made at least 70 little squares

No comments:

Post a Comment